The Ladies Auxiliary to VFW Post 1463 is proud to have refreshed the
small garden near the front entrance of the Post. The beautification
project was suggested and approved at the May auxiliary meeting. Jane
Dzubinski, with help from Tammy Adams, Janet Getz and Sue Ellis, removed
an existing shrub, weeded, planted and mulched the front garden and a
strip of land alongside the Post building. A plaque reading “Veterans
of Foreign Wars Honor the Dead by Serving the Living” was placed
on a vertical stone and is illuminated with solar lighting.
Enhancing the garden and installing the plaque and lighting is a small
token of our appreciation for our veterans.